[Mplayer-users] new ffmpeg/libavcodec

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jul 24 20:50:51 CEST 2001

Hi,

> >ATi Radeon VE is the low-cost chipset with only 1 pixel pipeline instead of 3
> >(or some other fancy 3D-word). So its 3D performance is worse than of normal
> >Radeon chipset. However, the Radeon VE graphics card (the only card using
> >this chipset) has dual-screen support, DVI out and TV out. For 70$ that
> >should make it the perfect card for non-gamers.
> >
> Main difference between Radeon and VE from my point is video bandwidth -
> a full radeon has 128-bit DDR access but VE has only 64-bit DDR access
> (Refer for detail to www.anadtech.com). Today ATI is only company which

Hey, I should create mplayer-ati list too, similar to mplayer-matrox :)

> produses such cards (in <200$ price range). But I hope that 183MHz of video
> memory will be enough for movie (At least ATI 3D charger with 4mb played
> me movies in real time (btw not under winnt)).
Yes, they rocks. I have Ati Xpert98 at work, and it's kickass fast with Xv.
And is a very cheap card, about 20$ calced back from local prices.
It's even "good" in 3D too, gives 600fps in Gears, and plays our
3D stuffs as fast under linux as TNT1 does under windoze.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu