[Mplayer-users] Translations

Christoph H. Lampert gruel at gmx.de
Sat Jul 21 20:13:07 CEST 2001

Am Samstag, 21. Juli 2001 19:58 schrieben Sie:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 05:35:23PM +0200, André Dahlqvist wrote:
> > I assume there is work going on to translate mplayer itself to other
> > languages? I mean, there isn't much point in just having the
> > documentation in other languages.
>
> Why? It does not worth I think. I'm Hungarian but I hate Hungarian
> softwares. English is the language of computing. And mplayer does not
> contain too much language dependent parts ... You must launch mplayer
> first. You can rename mplayer to mlejatszo [for Hungarian :)] but why? Any
> other information needs to be translated: docs and sub support inside
> mplayer. And it's done or can be done easily. So what other info do you
> want to translate?

He's right. When the GUI is there, it might be worth translating it in
compatible way to as many languages as there are users. But for
console-people like us english is okay, I guess. Let's rather include cool
features like usable AVI writing and streaming etc.

gruel