[Mplayer-users] 0.18pre4 released with native divx codec :)

Jacek Popławski jp at ulgo.koti.com.pl
Fri Jul 6 14:56:13 CEST 2001

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 02:44:49PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > am I understand correctly, that this is codec with source? and it means it can
> > be optimized -> much faster?
>
> yes!

then it's the Great Day for all Linux community!
I think you should announce it on avifile mailing list, too ;-)

> it's unoptimized yet,

it is _fast_ already, I mean I can watch divx with my K6-2 500
I hope I configured it correctly (it shows ffmpeg codec, not directshow)

> but in the future we (together with ffmpeg guys)
> will optimize it.

well... divx on Pentium-100 is coming ;-)

> and it has some other advantages oter DLL file:

and - again - if I understand correctly - we can compile it with diffrent
options, for example march=k6, and with diffrent compilers (when gcc-3.x.y will
be fast...)

--
Look all around
Can't you open your eyes