[Mplayer-users] 0.18pre4 released with native divx codec :)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jul 6 14:44:49 CEST 2001

Hi,

> On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 05:42:42AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > - included libavcodec from Gerard Lantau's FFmpeg package
> >   it has native (not Win32 hack) DivX ;-) and OpenDivX codec!
>
> I compiled it, works really fast
>
> am I understand correctly, that this is codec with source? and it means it can
> be optimized -> much faster?

yes!

it is the first open-source DivX ;-) (a.k.a. MS-Mpeg4) codec.
it's unoptimized yet, but in the future we (together with ffmpeg guys)
will optimize it. and it has some other advantages oter DLL file:
- we can make partial blit -> much better cache usage at display
- it supports YV12 pixel format (uses less VGA bandwith -> faster)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu