[Mplayer-users] Internationalized font renderer for mplayer.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jul 2 22:45:21 CEST 2001

Hi,

> btw i had problem with compilation: WARNING() and ERROR() macros failed
> when called with just one parameter. i'm using gcc 2.95.2.
> (maybe it' sok with 2.96 or 3.0)

finally got it compiled, but not working.
gcc 2.1.3 doesn't support ucs-4le encoding, but supports ucs-4
which is the same as ucs-4be.
so i've changed ucs-4le to ucs-4, and added small routine to change
byte order at the end of 8bit->unicode conversion:

    /* converting unicodes BE -> LE */
    for (i = 0; i<256; ++i){
        FT_ULong x=ustring[i];
        x=  ((x>>24)&255)
         | (((x>>16)&255)<<8)
         | (((x>> 8)&255)<<16)
         | ((x&255)<<24);
        ustring[i]=x;
    }

Now it works well for me.

Another thing I'll do is implementing 'edge growing' filter before
doing gaussian blur. i mean enlarging chars by 1 pixel (adding 1 pixel
width outline).

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu