[Mplayer-users] Internationalized font renderer for mplayer.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jul 2 21:43:21 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > Only 2 notes:
> > 1. alpha should be much darker (to look better on white background)
later i saw that you have option for this.
note: mplayer has -ffactor option to change alpha darkness at runtime,
so font files should use max resolution (256 gray levels) for alphamap.

> > 2. you should align starting x position of each char to multiple of 8
> >    (required for under-development MMX renderer)
> >
> > A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team
>
> I'm just uploading new version addressing noted issues (and fixing some bugs):
> ftp://thot.banki.hu/MPlayer/incoming/subfont-1.0a1.tar.bz2

ok, i'll check.

btw i had problem with compilation: WARNING() and ERROR() macros failed
when called with just one parameter. i'm using gcc 2.95.2.
(maybe it' sok with 2.96 or 3.0)

maybe defining inline functions for these is more cleaner (and portable)
than using #define.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu