[mplayer] Re: Scaling

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Feb 21 22:41:41 CET 2001

Hi,

> > > Oh, and - hey, people, how about bilinear filtering? I've seen driver that
> > Now, THAT's CPU intensive. :) BTW, I'm not sure if it can be much of a
> same here - it can be done by video cards hardware
> > benefit, with HW YUV scaling. Arpi?
> well, the question is - is it being done already?
No, there is NO software scaling code in mplayer yet, but it's
planned to the future. Now the only solution for software scaling
is using the slow SDL lib.

Someone with MMX skills should write some bilinear scaling code
which scales image in YUV space and then convert to RGB and store pixels
into the video buffer.

> Woow, it's snowy outthere..
:(
I hate walking in snow...