[mplayer] Re: Scaling

Ormond, Adam ormonda at msoe.edu
Tue Feb 20 19:23:36 CET 2001

I'm using XFree 4.0.1, Redhat 7.0 using kernel 2.2.16-22, and a Riva
TNT (Velocity 4400). xvinfo isn't on my box, apparently (locate xvinfo and
find / -name xvinfo both failed), but xdpyinfo reports XVideo as a loaded
extension. When I try to use -vo xv switch I get a bunch of BadAlloc
(insufficient resources for operation) failures:
    major opcode 142
    minor opcode 19

I had this problem when first trying to get AVIplay to work and adding
additional screen modes to my XF86Config-4 file fixed it, but I've got 8, 16,
24, and 32 bpp with 640x480 -> 1600x1200 defined now and still seeing that
with mplayer.

Thanx for the quick response,
Adam