[MPlayer-users] Sorry

Cláudio Sampaio (Patola) patola at solvo.com.br
Sun Dec 30 06:34:07 CET 2001

Em Dom, 2001-12-30 às 02:09, Joe Barr escreveu:
> Hey, Guys
> Thank you for your mail, thank you for opening my eyes!
> Yes, I'm really a lamer. The biggest. Now I know!

	Joe,

	I think you should save your irony for the people who appreciate it.

	I am one of the people who had a rough response to a question when I
joined this list. Mind you, the fault was mine, I didn't understand that
part of the documentation very well.

	Really, I have read your review of mplayer and your predictions. I
couldn't disagree more.

	Mplayer's developers are NOT being paid for support. Like technical
people, they like to answer technical questions; but they HATE to answer
questions that have already been answered (i.e. RTFM) or doubts related
to programs external to mplayer itself.

	Try to read all posts on this list. Maybe you can figure the majority
of questions are just plain stupid.

	I can't expect the developers to like that. I wouldn't even like if
they responded these questions and miss that time they could better be
using improving mplayer.

	Please, don't bother the developers. They are busy programming. They
are busy making our world better with Linux, if you mean that. And who
is trolling now?

	You DO believe it's hard to resolve your doubts? Fine, gather some
people and try to do a support team with them. Ask the mplayer people to
let you make a newbies-help-list and YOU answer the questions for them.
What about that? Now that's getting a solution?

	But I really, really doubt you would do that.

	Oh, and I am not from the mplayer team. I do not even exchange personal
emails with anyone from this list. I am just an intruder, just like you,
and I respect all the people on this list for their great technical
knowledge and their great good will in making mplayer for you and me.

	Best regards,
--
        Patola (Cláudio Sampaio) - Solvo S/A
        IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert and Systems Developer