[MPlayer-users] MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Dec 28 10:05:51 CET 2001

Hi,

> > g450 is about the speed of g400
> > g550 is about the speed of g400max
>
> Does G400MAX have TV-out supported in linux?

yes. i have g400max (and also tried g200,g450,g550) here.
g400max only differs in ramdac, gpu and ram speed from normal g400dh

> > anyway, it doesn't matter in 2D, they all are good enough.
>
> It matters when I use 1600x1200x24 @ 75 Hz and in the feature i will use
> 2048x1536x24 @ 75 Hz.
and what's the size of input video? it's the only thing what matters.

> U will need a quite fast gfxcard for 2048x1536x24 @ 75 Hz. However i havent
> checked if G400/G400MAX can do that.
afaik it can. anyway, i have 15" mon, so never tried >1280x1024

in my tests, g400max has the fastest ram (5ns 128bit sg) from the matrox series.
in high resolutions it still beats g550 (6ns? 64bit ddr).

> > if you need tvout, maybe an ati radeon is better choice.
> > g400 tvout is a bit hard to set up... :(
>
> Sad :( But matrox has the best picture quality and that is VERY important.
agree.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu