[MPlayer-users] Some bugs occured at my PC

Brian J. Murrell 85f3c843785be38e8bde0dcaaa5f9525 at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Dec 23 16:51:05 CET 2001

On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 04:23:49PM +0100, Gábor Lénárt wrote:

> You may want to use vo vesa on console
> only. I see only one benefit of vesa over other drivers: dual head capabilites
> like it's written in the dox.

I was going to ask about this.  Is it somewhere in the docs that
describes how to run X11 on a secondary display/head and run VESA
Mplayer on the console (where if I may ask)?

The problem I am seeing is that when I start X11 from a console and
the only display that X11 uses is the secondary head (i.e. not the
display I typed "startx" on) the console display becomes unusable
(goes black in fact) while X11 is running.  I can Alt-Shift-F1 to get
to it and use it but while X11 is running, no can do.

Will Mplayer with VESA work on that "blacked out" console while X11 is
running?

> But I think whatever that fact you want to use
> vesa you shouldn't use it under X11. Since (imho) we can't check if it's
> safe to use vo vesa under X11 we should disable it. Or at least we should
> use a switch to enable vesa under X11. If the user find this stable, (s)he
> can push to switch into the config file. Or something similar ...

Is it even unsafe if the X11 display and the console/VESA display are
not the same?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell