[MPlayer-users] Mencoder, rescalling

Rene Lafleur rene_lafleur at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 20 18:27:17 CET 2001

> > When encoding and rescalling a movie I get the following messages over
>and
> > over :
> > ->SwScaler : BICUBIC scaler with YV12 output using MMX2
> > ->@@@ libmpeg2 returned from sig11... (bad file?) @@@
> >
> > I used the following command :
> > mencoder -dvd 1 -aid 128 -divx4opts br=600 -x 576 -y 320 -sws 2 -o
> > output.wav -pass 1
>
>Does it work with mplayer (so just play the movie) of course without
>encoding parameters? Does it work without the '-aid 128'? I had got this
>strange bugs some weeks ago: mencoder didn't work with '-aid' though
>as far as I remember it will caused by changed '-aid' and '-vid' handling
>in the source and it was corrected :)

It isn`t caused by the -aid switch it seems.  MPlayer rescales the movie
just fine while playing too.  I've tried disabling MMX2 during compile and
after that 3DNOW, etc.. that didn't help either.

I have a Duron processor with a matrox G200 (I use mga_vid on fbconsole),
2.4 kernel and I compile with gcc 2.95.3 (thank god) if that`s any help.
I've attached the debug output in my last mail.  Thanks.

René