[MPlayer-users] Radeon TVOut working HOWTO

Korey O'Dell kodell at uswest.com
Wed Dec 12 17:14:40 CET 2001

Hi,

> > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
DOCS/bugreports.html]
Not sure what is being implied here.... either that I did not read the
docs pertaining to this subject and spent many hours doing something
that was already documented which is not true. Or, a harmless
"automatic" response.
> > Folks, last week I got TVOut working with my Radeon VE. Playback is
> > incredibly good thanks to the mplayer bunch and company. I have  a
web
> > page up explaining how I got it going.
> >
> > Hope it helps someone.....took me about a week to bring it all
together.
> > ;)
> >
> > http://204.26.80.212:8000/cgi-bin/RadeonTV.cgi
> >
> You'll get noticeably best performance if you'll use VESA and
radeon_vid ;)
Thanks for the suggestion, but performance is outstanding as is. Maybe
if I get a few extra hours to burn I'll play around with it.
:)
Usually RTFM gives better results than WTFAQ :)

Problem was, "RTFM" didn't give better results (neither in time spent or
end result) in this case. I "WTFAQ" to help others solve this problem if
they encounter it.

Later

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team