[MPlayer-users] ASF Streaming

Curtis Wood curtis at bluedomino.net
Mon Dec 10 15:54:21 CET 2001

Is there anything that constitutes the end of the packet, besides the
size from the header; like 0xFF or something? It's been a while since
coding this low in tcpip, but isn't there a way (by setting flags or
something in read or somwhere) to read from the stream and -not- remove
the data from the buffer (sort of a read ahead)? If not I'm assuming
that the read_asf_header just passes back something like and int,
specifying the size of the packet - this will just have to simply be
re-written to pass back a structure or something :-( Another way, which
is a very ugly hack, and will probably slow down the process to much
(but maybe not) would be to set an environment variable in
read_asf_header to the size of the packet and then unset it in
asf_http_streaming_read... Just some ideas/thoughts, haven't looked at
the code...