[MPlayer-users] ASF Streaming

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Mon Dec 10 15:52:35 CET 2001

 Hello,

I hacked a little the libmpdemux to make the asf streaming working. Now it's working
but it can't work with the cache and I'd like to have your view of the problem.
The asf_streaming.c : asf_http_streaming_read function must return full asf packet
wich are of a constant size. In the stream there are not of a constant size and we must
pad the missing part with 0. To do this we need to have the asf_packetsize wich
is computed in asfheader.c : read_asf_header. But when we use the cache the reading
is done in another process and we can't get this fucking packetsize updated to the
good value and the streaming simply don't work.
I hope all this is understable, I will send the patch soon so you can see what is
going on. But if possible a prefer to first fix this issue with caching.

PS : Sorry for the last time with my sdl fix, I've seen how to send patch after sending
       my mail. Too lazy but it will come with the asf streaming.