[MPlayer-users] Postprocessing? (was: ...)

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Sun Dec 9 18:36:22 CET 2001

"starz" <starz at antisocial.com> wrote:

> Does windows anti-alias the video at fullscreen? I ask because (and I'm not
> trying to nitpick...just curiousity) I notice the pixels alot more that
> when I was under the windows env.

Right, since MediaPlayer 7 (or so), the upscaled picture ist
anti-aliased. Or better say: smoothened, so you don't notice the
artifacts.

But mplayer does a fairly well job in postprocessing (as long as you
don't try to do this to an DVD stream, which will melt even an Athlon
1800+ ;)).

But, sadly, the -pp values are a little bit underdocumentated, I don't
know if the values availible to mencoder also apply to mplayer (they
should, as far as I understand the code).

S°