[Mplayer-users] first dvd on linux

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Aug 30 11:53:15 CEST 2001

Hi,

> i sucsessfully viewed my first dvd on a linux-box, with mplayer. great
> :)). it was the gladiator dvd. all vob-files played fine also sound
> was cool with playing arround with the -aid switch.
> there were many framedrops and processor load was nearly 100%, but it was
> cause i have no hardware accel for
> my graphics-card, its a real old and crappy SIS6326, and i didnt used the
> latest mplayer from cvs. after i will look in the cvs-docs i will try to
> get mplayer from the cvs-tree.
you should use cvs version, it has much better DVD support (title select
etc)

> the other thing is what i recognized that there is a native driver for the
> SIS6326 and it seems to be register-compatible with the matrox cards :)).
> i compiled sis_vid, but after loading it with insmod i got a total
> freeze of my screen. but there must be some success cause i got some
> fractals of a window.
:)

SiS isn't reg. compatible with matrox. just someone modified matrox's
mga_vid driver to SiS 6326 card, but I dunno how is it work, never tried.
it was just copied from mpeg2dec project, and as you see the file date,
was not modified by us.

btw the API (ioctls etc) used by mga_vid was changed a lot, so if you
want to use that SiS stuff (after getting it work) you have to change its
api too.

> My question is, where can i get specs for the this SIS graphic-card, to
dunno. ask SiS or X11 developers.
maybe tehre is already Xv driver fos SiS, in latest X11 CVS.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu