[Mplayer-users] multifile support
arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Aug 23 18:04:27 CEST 2001
Today I commited to CVS the initial version of multiple file support.
I mean mplayer x1.mpg x2.mpg y.avi z.asf ...
But it's far from being complete, and even far from being stable :(
There are many problems we have to solve.
The most important ones:
- fix memory leaks (i fixed a lot already)
patches are welcomed!
- DLL uninitialization - hard thing, i have no idea :(
(there is a big code to load and run a DLL, but nobody know how to kill them)
- fix config/commandline options - now they apply to first file,
and 2nd 3rd etc files are a bit random, some options work some is
inherited from first file (for example window size...) or default.
we have to re-organize config options storage, maybe a new struct.
(now they are mostly overwritten by final values of first file)
- fix crashes, bugs, if any.
Please report us:
- crashes (sig11 if play a file after another, but ok if play alone, etc.)
- compilation problems (including non-linux platforms. patches welcomed!)
- single file problem ("it worked before added multifile support")
Do not report:
- config/commandline-related problems. they are known, see above.
- memory leaks. we know they are there. it will eat more memory :(
- feature requests (parallel playback, playlists, common .sub file etc)
-> we want to stabilize this stuff first.
A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team
mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mplayer-users mailing list
Mplayer-users at lists.sourceforge.net
More information about the MPlayer-users