[Mplayer-users] Porting MPlayer to the Alpha platform

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Fri Apr 27 10:53:28 CEST 2001

> I would be interested in a version for SUN Solaris, but see above: It would
> only be able to support MPG. Alpha might have another problem: sizeof(int).
> I don't think that mplayer is prepared for 64bit...
oh, and when did you get this 32bit SUN Solaris? ;)

> knows, what's next and 64bit Intel/AMD is not too far away.
wouldn't ye olde DLL's still work with those?

I suppose there will be more and more such requests - mplayer's
performance makes it possible to run under all exotic kinds of CPUs.
 Maybe if some company would buy couple of such hendhelds/ GSM telephones
for developers it would move things into the right direction?
 And what a advertising it would be - telephone that plays mpeg4 movies!
hmm, it would be possible to have mpeg4 teleconferencies with high
resolutions.. uh..