[Mplayer-users] Porting MPlayer to the Alpha platform

Falk Hueffner falk.hueffner at student.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Apr 26 23:17:09 CEST 2001

Hi,

I'm interested in trying to get mplayer to run on my Alpha 21164. But
before I start, I would like to ask if there's any chance for
that. Will the C-code codecs be able to play a significant amount of
videos or are the DLLs really needed? Would it be easy to
conditionalize DLL support? Also, are there significant parts with
only assembler and no equivalent C code? And would you be interested
in patches to support other architectures than i386?

	Falk