[Mplayer-users] Asus ASV2 codec

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Apr 15 02:33:03 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I did a "grep UYVY /usr/lib/win32/*" and most players seems to know it
> but forcing divxc32.dll to use it, didnt work (ICDecompressQuery failed)
no, it's a bug (or what) in divx and mpeg4 codecs.
there is a workaround, it's called YUVHACK by me. you must init and query
the codec with RGB16 format, but change the biCompression field to YUY2
(or other YUV format) whan call decompress. It works this way.
I dunno why aren't YUV formats accepted by init/query functions.

> > > Many video codecs don't support filtering (at least the mjpeg, huffyuv,
> > > wavelet and so on codecs don't filter their output wenn zoomed under windooze
> > > with media player).
> > It's more than unfiltered image...
> > It seems to AC components has wrong scale, while DC coeffiecents are ok.
>
> i noted also that on some testfile the video jumps occasionaly (its
> small size
> and no probleme for my cpu) and another file (larger resolution) seems
> to not skip frames.
>
> and another thing: when i output the avi with an RGB format,
> after some seconds playing, i get an error in the demuxer:
>     DEMUXER: Too many (51 in 4243072 bytes) video packets in the buffer!
>     (maybe you play a non-interleaved stream/file or video codec failed)
> then the audio (uncompressed pcm) stops playing, but the video still
> plays..
your video card is slow for displaying RGB frames, isn't?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu