[Mplayer-users] FONT howto

Laszlo Gyula chass at freemail.hu
Thu Apr 12 20:51:05 CEST 2001

Hello!

Well, thanks everyone, who answered my previous request for foreign
subtitle chars... here'se the make way to make tghe currentdefault
charset:
1, the heigth of the starting picture should be about 35*5=xxx (lazy
to calculate)
2, type the text.. I used Arial (not localiosed version, the
international one), 110pixel sized (NOT POINT SIZE, PIXEL SIZE)
3, stroke the outline of the type on a seperate layer 5 pixel
4, duplicate the image, hide the stroke, flatten the duplicate and
   scale it down to a heigth of 35 pixels.
5, save the duplicate as the bitmap
6, use the original image, flatten (with the outline visible), scale
it down, blur t with gaussian blur with 10 pixel, then paste the
"bitmap file" over with layer mode "screen" in PhotShop or "lighten
only" in GIMP (I think... never used gimp...).
7, voila, the alpha map...

that's all....

hope it helps...

--