[Mplayer-users] codecs.conf support

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Apr 8 06:45:49 CEST 2001

Hi,

I've just commited the codecs.conf support.

Now, if you want to add a new codec, or want to change their
priority (for exaple, you prefer VfW than DShow), you should
edit the file codecs.conf.
It's format is self-explaining.

Now, only the first codec with matching fourcc will used/tried.
If it fails, mlpayer exits (video) or use nosound (audio).
It will be changed in the near future to: if it fails, try next.

If you have problems with this code, please report them!
I had to change lot of things (even libvo) so it's possible.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu