[Mplayer-users] Re: my adventure with mplayer-cvs

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 2 22:48:34 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > detected? hehe
> > it was hardcoded that g200 has 8mb and g400 has 16mb. i can't call it
> > 'detection' :)
> why not? now it is hardcoded that g200 with option word such and such
> means 8mb and g400 with options word such and such means 16M.
> and it's better to assume that g400 have 16Megs while it has 32 then
> assume 32 with card with 16.
The flags in the option word are documented in g200/g400 specs. There
are tables showing which bit combination means which memory configuration.
Btw there are some cards on the market doesn't match these. For most cards
it's ok. Btw if it turns out that a card has lower memory than its flags
show, i change it in the mga_vid.c source. For a long time I got no such
bugreports.

> Although this argument has no point as it's already been fixed some time
> ago.
???

> > if you have problems with memory usage, just change number of buffers from 4
> > to 2 or 1. (mga_common.c)
> tnx. should those be powers of 2? or 3 would be ok?
yes. 1-4 are ok, including 3.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu