[MPlayer-translations] r23576 - trunk/DOCS/xml/it/faq.xml

Paul TT paultt at hackerjournal.it
Fri Jun 22 18:39:27 CEST 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 22:58:10 +0200
Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> "l'errore che riscontri nella fase di link " looks optimal to me

done

> >>menù
> >
> > menu doesn't want the ù, in italian, it's right this way :)
>
> wanting to split this hair in four I should disagree: my dictionary
> and www.accademiadellacrusca.it support my claim that menù (and
> surprisingly also the form with the acute accent)
> is a perfectly legitimate italian word (and more natural to me, since
> italian is for the largest part a very regular language), but I'm
> willing to concete defeat on this point :)

the garzanti one, on the other side, does not even contains it...
(ed.2003 - the one on http://www.garzantilinguistica.it/)

> >>  la fa.
> >>
> >>qualsiasi?
> >
> > eheheno, 'qualche'. changed. or maybe it's better, 'un qualunque'
> > again, what do you think?
>
> as above, a plain "un file"
less friendly, probably better anyway

> > do you mean "supportati"?
>
> yes, as far as I'm concerned it's the most evident mistranslation of
> the last 30 years in IT literature

i think you're right :(
anyway, that word is so far adopted...
any suggestion?

> >>spazi di colore
> >
> > don't know... i mean: i xlated everywhere colorspace as "spazi
> > colore", do you think it's wrong?
>
> "spazi colore" is not correct italian
true, but colorspace it's a compound word, without a correspondant. so
spazi-colore would be more correct as a translation, but terribly in
italian, sigh
moreover, it's (almost) everywhere in the world translated as "spazio
colore", and "spazio di colore" has another meaning.
maybe "modello di colore" o "profilo di colore" could fit.
?
but that translation it's less immediate from the english meaningful
term. i think

> > i put 'gestisce'
>
> fine
:)
i'll check there and back for other (mis)uses of "support*"...