[MPlayer-translations] r23576 - trunk/DOCS/xml/it/faq.xml

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Thu Jun 21 22:58:10 CEST 2007

Paul TT wrote:

>>>+<para>
>>>+L'errore di link che subisci molto probabilmente è tipo questo:
>>
>>di questo tipo; I also don't agree with the choice of the word
>>"subisci": sperimenti and incontri look much better to me
>

> reworded, see if fits :)

"l'errore che riscontri nella fase di link " looks optimal to me

>>>+  <listitem><para>totale della sincronizzazione A/V
>>>eseguita</para></listitem>
>>
>>this item doesn't look comprehensible
>
> see if now fits better

it's better

>>>+Non riesco ad aprire il menu della GUI. Premo il tasto destro, ma
>>>non accedo +ad alcuna voce del menu!
>>
>>menù
>
> menu doesn't want the ù, in italian, it's right this way :)

wanting to split this hair in four I should disagree: my dictionary
and www.accademiadellacrusca.it support my claim that menù (and
surprisingly also the form with the acute accent)
is a perfectly legitimate italian word (and more natural to me, since
italian is for the largest part a very regular language), but I'm
willing to concete defeat on this point :)

>>>+Hai un file randagio <filename>codecs.conf</filename> in
>>
>>files are not cats or dogs :)
>>"un file con nome" looks much better to me
>
> to me too, to be serious. in english, anyway, it's used 'stray', which
> among other meanings, has the one of 'randagio', which seems to me
> enough comprehensible and ironic at the sam moment... what do you
> think?

I'd simply drop that stupid adjective and leave the sentence in a more
concise and readable form:
Hai un file <filename>codecs.conf</filename> ......

>> > +Sto cercando di riprodurre un file qualsiasi da internet ma non
>> > ce
>>  la fa.
>>
>>qualsiasi?
>
> eheheno, 'qualche'. changed. or maybe it's better, 'un qualunque'
> again, what do you think?

as above, a plain "un file"

>>>+Probabilmente la tua scheda riporta come supportati
>>
>>...that word :-(
>
> ?
> do you mean "supportati"?

yes, as far as I'm concerned it's the most evident mistranslation of
the last 30 years in IT literature

>>>+alcuni spazi colore mentre
>>
>>spazi di colore
>
> don't know... i mean: i xlated everywhere colorspace as "spazi colore",
> do you think it's wrong?

"spazi colore" is not correct italian

>>>+Il tuo driver di uscita video non supporta il ridimensionamento
>>>via hardware e
>>
>>non permette, but slightly rephrased
>

> i put 'gestisce'

fine

>>END_OF_AVAILABLE_TIME.
>>I admire your patience!
>

> oh, no, i admire yours! :))))
>
> thank you very much for the hints, i'm translating some parts pretty
> speedy, and some error slips in :)

:)