[MPlayer-translations] Dutch translation?

mail at kraymer.de mail at kraymer.de
Mon Oct 23 23:15:19 CEST 2006

> I am willing to start a dutch translation
>
> I live in Flanders - Antwerp and I use your program to do XviD encodes.
>
> Throw me a line what you think.

Hi Jan,

we certainly welcome new translations for MPlayer! :)
First and maybe easiest part is to translate the console messages, meaning
the console output of mplayer and/or the man page. We have a document with
 hopefully all necessary information for you to start work on a
translation (tell us if you miss something), DOCS/tech/translations.txt.
Just grab help_mp-en.h or mplayer.1 (the man page) from svn and follow the
translation instructions.If you still have have questions after reading translations.txt don't
hesitage to ask them here!Speaking of the help_mp files, it's possible to use incomplete files (as
missing parts are added from the english master files automatically) so
you can send partial files of help_mp-nl.h here, they could already be
integrated.

Sebastian

PS: It's written in the translation doc but I want to mention it here
since it's important to keep track of translations: When you grab a file
from svn, please make a comment not from which revision it was.