[MPlayer-translations] r20940 - in trunk/DOCS/xml: html-common.xsl pl/Makefile pl/html-chunk.xsl pl/html-common.xsl pl/html-single.xsl ru/Makefile ru/html-chunk.xsl ru/html-common.xsl ru/html-single.xsl

Torinthiel torinthiel at megapolis.pl
Wed Nov 15 22:28:53 CET 2006

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 05:43:07PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 02:39:25PM +0100, Torinthiel wrote:

> > > That objection is coming rather late ...
> >
> > This one maybe. But not this one:
> > 20061031081017.GA6264 at kraken.home.aster.pl (dated Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:10:17
> > in thread "Re: [MPlayer-translations] r20530 ...")
> >
> > And as it's in reply to your mail and you've replied as well, you can't
> > pretend to have missed it ;)
>
> I didn't mean to just ignore your objection.  But this was two weeks ago
> and we discussed the UTF-8 subject in the meantime.  All the other
> objections and problems were solved.  That's why I asked explicitly for
> the output encoding again.  Somehow I expected you to speak up again if
> you still had issues...

Somehow I've missed that. And I even know how, mea culpa.

> I really think it's the right thing to do in the long run.  You could of
> course restore the Polish xsl files and override the encoding, but if it
> works, which it seems to do, I believe we should stick to UTF-8 now.

Probably you're right. I don't like it, first because I don't like it,
second because it makes files bigger (by about 2%, so not THAT much),
but still I'll have to convert. And true, if you have anything in
multiple languages, than utf-8 is the right thing.

BTW how can one checkout a specified revision of the file now deleted?
svn up -r... just gives me 'file not under version control'

and how can one update file to a specified revision and make it stay
that way? (Sticky tags in CVS)?
Torinthiel

--
 Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 3073512
   torinthiel(at)megapolis(dot)pl