[Mplayer-os2] MPLAYER OS/2 PORT

Sjoerd Visser sjoerd.h.visser at hccnet.nl
Fri Oct 9 00:47:09 CEST 2009

Greg wrote:
> I'll start with one simple (stupid) question...
>
> How do I play a DVD with MPLAYER??
>
> According to the doc, I simply type:
>
>> mplayer dvd://1 -dvd-device "Z:"
>
> I get all sorts of errors which I won't bore you with unless you need
> to be bored.
>
> The DVD in question is made available on the "Z" drive via RSJ. I can
> look at it, I can do a "dir" on it but, again, MPLAYER spits up.
>
> What am I doing wrong??
>
> Regards
>
> Greg

The RSJ Z drive is typically on the hard disk. It is a virtual drive.

If this is the case you could try this script.

call mode co80,18
rem mplayer_DVDmap.cmd
echo off
cls
echo "<-"  or  "->"  Seek backward/forward 10 secondsecho
echo down or up      Seek backward/forward  1 minute
echo pgdown or pgup  Seek backward/forward 10 minutes
echo "<" or ">"      Step backward/forward in playlist
echo p or SPACE      Pause movie (press any key to continue)
echo q or ESC        Next movie or quit program
echo o               Cycle OSD mode:  none / seekbar / seekbar + timer
echo + or -          Adjust audio delay by +/- 0.1 second
echo * or /          Increase or decrease PCM volume
echo F               Toggle displaying "forced subtitles".
echo v               Toggle subtitle visibility.
echo j or g          Cycle through the available subtitles.
echo x or z          Adjust subtitle delay by +/- 0.1 second
echo r or t          Adjust subtitle position up/down, also see -vf expand
echo           Ctrl-C or Break to quit
SET MPLAYER_OPTIONS=-autosync 30 -alang en -slang en -dvd-device %1
rem set MPOPT=-alang nl,en -slang nl,en -sid 2
mplayer dvd://1 > NUL 2>&1 -dvd-device %1
mplayer dvd://2 > NUL 2>&1 -dvd-device %1
mplayer dvd://3 > NUL 2>&1 -dvd-device %1
mplayer dvd://4 > NUL 2>&1 -dvd-device %1
mplayer dvd://5 > NUL 2>&1 -dvd-device %1
mplayer dvd://6 > NUL 2>&1 -dvd-device %1
mplayer dvd://7 > NUL 2>&1 -dvd-device %1
mplayer dvd://8 > NUL 2>&1 -dvd-device %1
mplayer dvd://9 > NUL 2>&1 -dvd-device %1
mplayer dvd://10 > NUL 2>&1 -dvd-device %1
exit

You can make a WPS object of this cmd (place mplayer in the PATH and
leave Working directory empty) and now you can drag and drop a WPS
object of the DVD image (or disk) to the object.

More tips are found on:

http://www.sjoerd-visser.demon.nl/mplayer/extra/mplayer_os2_mcp.pdf

Sjoerd Visser