[MPlayer-mirror] content encoding configuration

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Fri Oct 27 21:10:02 CEST 2006

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 02:45:18PM -0400, Robert Henney wrote:
> I'm surprised the meta info in the document itself isn't overriding
> the default.  That may be a browser bug.

my bad.  just checked the docs and that directive is supposed to
"override any character set specified in the body of the document via a
+<CODE>META</CODE> tag."

now I believe the proper way might be to specify which character set is
used via an .htdocs file in the particular directories containing the
files that need it, and that will provide an HTTP header default that
will override the otherwise forced iso-8859-1 default.