[MPlayer-matrox] Any way to run mplayer continuously for analog rebroadcasting?

Brian Thompson brian at eng.wayne.edu
Wed May 10 02:25:52 CEST 2006

Ok, audio is working again although the solution is ugly.
I copied ./libao2/ao_alsa.c from the mplayer-1.0pre7try2 source
tree to the CVS source tree and then recompiled the CVS version.
The output I'm now getting is the following and the audio works.

Building audio filter chain for 48000Hz/2ch/s16le -> 0Hz/0ch/??...
[libaf] Adding filter resample
[resample] Changing sample rate to 44100Hz
[resample] Using linear interpolation.
[resample] Using linear interpolation.
alsa-init: requested format: 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 9
alsa-init: compiled for ALSA-1.0.8
alsa-init: setup for 1/2 channel(s)
alsa-init: 1 soundcard found, using: default
alsa-init: pcm opend in block-mode
alsa-init: format s16le are not supported by hardware, trying default
alsa-init: unable to set format: Invalid argument
alsa-init: chunksize set to 1024
alsa-init: fragcount=16
alsa-init: got buffersize=65536
alsa: 44100 Hz/2 channels/4 bpf/65536 bytes buffer/Signed 16 bit Little
Endian
AO: [alsa] 44100Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
AO: Description: ALSA-0.9.x-1.x audio output
AO: Author: Alex Beregszaszi, Zsolt Barat <joy at streamminister.de>
AO: Comment: under developement
Building audio filter chain for 48000Hz/2ch/s16le -> 44100Hz/2ch/s16le...
[resample] Using linear interpolation.
[resample] Using linear interpolation.
Starting playback...
alsa-space: free space = 65536, prepared --
[libaf] Reallocating memory in module resample, old len = 0, new len = 60212

-Brian