[MPlayer-matrox] Any way to run mplayer continuously for analog rebroadcasting?

Brian Thompson brian at eng.wayne.edu
Wed May 10 02:00:56 CEST 2006

Attila, thanks for the info. I'm trying to go in this direction but it
looks
like the -fixed-vo and -idle flags are only available in the CVS version
of mplayer and I've run into a new problem trying to use the CVS
version of mplayer instead of mplayer-1.0pre7try2. I can't seem to get
any audio from the CVS version. I've tried quite a few of the additional
audio filter flags over the past several hours but nothing seems to help.

I admit neither of the following outputs look perfect, but the first one
(mplayer-1.0pre7try2) does work. I'm using "-ao alsa" with no additional
audio parameters in both of the following cases. The sound card is a
USB Edirol UA-25. Anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

With mplayer-1.0pre7try2 I get the following and audio works fine:

Checking audio filter chain for 48000Hz/2ch/s16le -> 48000Hz/2ch/s16le...
[libaf] Adding filter dummy
[dummy] Was reinitialized: 48000Hz/2ch/s16le
AF_pre: 48000Hz/2ch/s16le
alsa-init: requested format: 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 9
alsa-init: compiled for ALSA-1.0.8
alsa-init: setup for 1/2 channel(s)
alsa-init: 1 soundcard found, using: default
alsa-init: pcm opend in block-mode
alsa-init: format s16le are not supported by hardware, trying default
alsa-init: unable to set format: Invalid argument
alsa-init: chunksize set to 1024
alsa-init: fragcount=16
alsa-init: got buffersize=65536
alsa: 44100 Hz/2 channels/4 bpf/65536 bytes buffer/Signed 16 bit Little
Endian
AO: [alsa] 44100Hz 2ch s16le (2 bps)
AO: Description: ALSA-0.9.x-1.x audio output
AO: Author: Alex Beregszaszi, Zsolt Barat <joy at streamminister.de>
AO: Comment: under developement
Building audio filter chain for 48000Hz/2ch/s16le -> 44100Hz/2ch/s16le...
[dummy] Was reinitialized: 48000Hz/2ch/s16le
[libaf] Adding filter resample
[resample] Changing sample rate to 44100Hz
[resample] Changing sample rate to 44100Hz
[resample] Using linear interpolation.
[dummy] Was reinitialized: 48000Hz/2ch/s16le
[resample] Using linear interpolation.
Starting playback...
alsa-space: free space = 65536, prepared --
[libaf] Reallocating memory in module resample, old len = 0, new len = 60212

With the latest CVS version of mplayer I get the following and no audio:

Building audio filter chain for 48000Hz/2ch/s16le -> 0Hz/0ch/??...
[libaf] Adding filter dummy
[dummy] Was reinitialized: 48000Hz/2ch/s16le
[dummy] Was reinitialized: 48000Hz/2ch/s16le
alsa-init: requested format: 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 9
alsa-init: using ALSA 1.0.8
alsa-init: setup for 1/2 channel(s)
alsa-init: using device default
alsa-init: pcm opend in blocking mode
alsa-init: format s16le are not supported by hardware, trying default
alsa-init: unable to set format: Invalid argument
Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound.
Uninit audio filters...
[libaf] Removing filter dummy
Uninit audio: dmo
Audio: no sound