[MPlayer-matrox] Any way to run mplayer continuously for analog rebroadcasting?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue May 9 21:53:07 CEST 2006

On Tue, 09 May 2006 15:41:06 -0400
Brian Thompson <brian at eng.wayne.edu> wrote:

> It would be ideal if there was a way to keep mplayer from
> quiting at the end of an event and try to reopen the same
> stream,

This can be done if you use -idle in combination with -fixed-vo
(I'm not sure whether -fixed-vo works correctly with (x)mga
as i cannot test it currently, if it doesn't let me know)

> preferably while the remaining buffer is still playing
> in order to avoid the loss of the first few seconds of the next
> event.

This can be solved using -slave interface. See the documentation
of the loadfile command in DOCS/tech/slave.txt.
Though i'm not sure whether MPlayer starts to buffer a stream
while another is still running.

> If no content is available or while it's trying to reopen
> the URL and refill it's cache, the matrox card would output
> a blank/black tv-out image with proper sync.

Hmm.. this is a bit more tricky. You'd have to manualy
insert a black image. Maybe using loadfile and a black
gif/jpeg could do the trick. Otherwise when using -fixed-vo
the last shown frame stays on, which is probably not what you want.

> Does such a "continuous mode" exist and I'm just not able
> to find it in the command line options, or is this something that
> can be requested for a future release?

I think you can hack something together with the above suggestions.
If it doesn't help or you encounter other problems, please let me know.

				Attila Kinali

--
心をこめて聞け心をこめて話せ