[Mplayer-matrox] matrox xv BadAlloc()

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat Aug 28 11:58:06 CEST 2004

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 02:21:47PM +0200, Patryk wrote:
> Description of the problem:
> Whe i use -vo xv or x11 to play avi (divix) movies mplayer crashes just after
> opening the file. I have also mga_vid module and when I use -vo xmga or mga
> everything works just fine. I've been using mplayer for few years and i
> suspect the problem appeared when I moved from XFree4.3 to XFree 4.4 and
> Xorg. I also tried to compile mplayer without optimization for may CPU, with
> no effect :(

Wow! A complete bugreport for a change! Thanks a lot for reading
bugreports.html! (no, that's not ironical)

> [xv] dx: 0 dy: 0 dw: 640 dh: 290
> X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
> Type: 0, display: 8515f18, resourceid: 400001, serial: 53
> Error code: b, request code: 8c, minor code: 12

Could you please check whether you have a "#define HAVE_SHM 1" in your
config.h in the main directory of the source.
Otherwise i dont see why this should go wrong, unless the X11 driver is
broken, but i doubt that.

			Attila Kinali