[Mplayer-matrox] matrox xv BadAlloc()

Patryk patrykx at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Aug 31 10:29:49 CEST 2004

Dnia sobota, 28 sierpnia 2004 11:58, Attila Kinali napisał:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 02:21:47PM +0200, Patryk wrote:
> > Description of the problem:
> Wow! A complete bugreport for a change! Thanks a lot for reading
> bugreports.html! (no, that's not ironical)
thx :)
> Could you please check whether you have a "#define HAVE_SHM 1" in your
> config.h in the main directory of the source.
ok I'll try that, what does this option do ?
I've tried to compile Mplayer without any specific processor optimization

> Otherwise i dont see why this should go wrong, unless the X11 driver is
> broken, but i doubt that.
I wrote also to Mplayer-users and someone told me that X11 driver is broken
and they (X11 devs) are fixing it. I downloaded X11 6.7 from cvs to try this
out but the installation was a little bit complicated. I had problems with
fonts so I could only use fluxbox.
Everything was OK with cvs version and fluxbox but when i came back to stable
version I discovered that stable X11 6.7 also works fine with fluxbox. The
problem appears only in KDE. I suspect that KDE take more memory from X.

--
Patryk

PS now I'm starting Rage Against TVout ;)