[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: Data communication between demuxers and UIs

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Fri Jan 23 13:16:32 CET 2004

Hi Fre_ax,

on Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:25:15 +0200 (EET) you wrote:

> What i mean is that browsing of normal files and playlists could be
> implementedwith virtual directories just above each individual gui.
>
> So each gui wouldnt need to use opendir and stuff directly.

I thought about smthg simillar when i wrote an ftp menu for G1 (also lost
in this stupid rm accident )):

As lazy as i am i wanted some generic menu with the 'media depedent'
stuff implemented at the stream level. So the menu could use the stream
in a similar way as opendir. However it was painfull in G1.

This could be intersting but then some helpers to cache small directory
structure (like for cd and dvd) have to be provided imho.

	Albeu
--

Everything is controlled by a small evil group
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.