[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: Data communication between demuxers and UIs

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Jan 22 18:09:11 CET 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 09:03:45AM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 01:28:22 -0500
> D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
>
> > The difficult
> > end is "repairing" filter chains, renegotiating link parameters, etc.
> > to accommodate changing options.
>

> That's a really good question. Do you have an idea how this can
> be done ?
> Or is it a trivial, call config() on all nodes in the chain ?

Yes, it basically amounts to that, but there are various questions.
For example if there's a filter that can't change parameters without
losing frames (due to internal buffering latency), should you
completely reset this filter and give bad output? Or should you insert
scale on one or both sides of it to hide the format/size changes from
it? I don't know what the best answer is...

Rich