[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: Data communication between demuxers and UIs

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Fri Jan 16 14:48:02 CET 2004

    Hi, Attila Kinali!

Sometime (on Friday, January 16 at 15:13) I've received something...
>On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:33:40 +0200
>"Andriy N. Gritsenko" <andrej at lucky.net> wrote:

>>     I've already proposed that (see CONF_TYPE_LIST and CONF_TYPE_GROUP
>> config types in maillist earlier) but it seems nobody was interested in
>> dinamic config then although I've said many reasons for that, so config
>> layer still isn't flex enough. :)

>The config layer is ok as it is. Dynamic stuff should not be mixed with
>static variables. The config api should be extended to query for dynamic
>variables, but i dont have a good idea how to do so.

So I've proposed the idea then:
1) node which could have dinamic variables list provides that list
  (template) as a variable with a special type to UI;
2) UI calls that node for init;
3) node changes own config structure as it needs;
4) UI rechecks node's config structure.

I think it must be very simple. Tell me if I was dumb in that.

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.