[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: Data communication between demuxers and UIs

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Fri Jan 16 13:33:40 CET 2004

    Hi, Attila Kinali!

Sometime (on Friday, January  9 at 11:39) I've received something...
>On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 05:29:30 +0200 (EET)
>Fre_ax <fre_ax at mbnet.fi> wrote:

>> Now, to solve this problem I was thinking if demuxers would be allowed to
>> register virtual filesystems for UIs. "Services" would then register mount
>> points like DVB, HTTP, FTP, CDDA, ... Demuxers would then look for possible
>> files/streams to play and  list them by the virtual filesystem

>IMHO this should go into to the config layer as there will be more than
>just the demuxers who should be able to provide dynamical config data
>after init. And if i understood the current design of the cfg layer, it's
>thought only for a fixed number of variables which are known at compile time.

    I've already proposed that (see CONF_TYPE_LIST and CONF_TYPE_GROUP
config types in maillist earlier) but it seems nobody was interested in
dinamic config then although I've said many reasons for that, so config
layer still isn't flex enough. :)

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.