[MPlayer-G2-dev] Data communication between demuxers and UIs

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Jan 9 10:38:23 CET 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 05:29:30 +0200 (EET)
Fre_ax <fre_ax at mbnet.fi> wrote:

> Now, to solve this problem I was thinking if demuxers would be allowed to
> register virtual filesystems for UIs. "Services" would then register mount
> points like DVB, HTTP, FTP, CDDA, ... Demuxers would then look for possible
> files/streams to play and  list them by the virtual filesystem

IMHO this should go into to the config layer as there will be more than
just the demuxers who should be able to provide dynamical config data
after init. And if i understood the current design of the cfg layer, it's
thought only for a fixed number of variables which are known at compile time.

But i see also a design problem here. IIRC most of the parameters which would
be interesting for such a system are not know after preinit, but when the first
packet is decoded and the first frame passed trough the vp chain. Am i right ?

				Attila Kinali
--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu