[MPlayer-G2-dev] extra dr types (oh no not more!! :)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri May 16 15:36:21 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Arpi, I think I figured out what I meant for point #2...

great, then re-try to explain, this is nonsence:

> What I'd like to see is a way whereby the filter chain can get a
> pointer to an area in video memory from the vo driver, then give it
> back to the vo driver as an *export* image, i.e. specifying its own
> pointer somewhere inside video memory and stride. Naturally this would

you mean indeirect rendering? even ten the vo driver must provide a
buffer struct, and it may have pointers/stride it in (will be ignored
by filters but will be give back to vo driver together with export img)

> only work for very flexible vo drivers, but it would be nice and
> powerful and clean! Of course, the vo could tell the filter the
> minimum power of 2 that would have to divide stride, and likewise how
> aligned the origin offset would have to be...

power of 2 to divide stride? wtf?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu