[MPlayer-G2-dev] libvo2 documentation and pre22 iz out

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed May 14 22:05:26 CEST 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 04:39:01PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > Another question is about VOCTRL_RESIZE_DEST and VOCTRL_RESIZE_SRC.
> > What should I do, If I can't handle it, for example if my driver requires
> > some minimum stretch factor.
> > Do you have a solution for this? If not, would it be possible to set vo->x
> > ,y w and h to valid ones and return VO_FALSE?
>
> hmm
> don't touch vo->values, but if you cannot accept the values given, change
> the args (it's an int[]) and return VO_FALSE.
>
> > Other limitations would be that card can only size down to a fixed height or
> > some alignment
> > restriction etc.
>
> resize_dest is to handle window resizing/movement events.
> resize_src is to handle special effects like panscan or zooming.
>
> in both cases it's acceptable if you cannot exactly set the given params,
> but something else (close values).
> i just don't knowwhich is better:
> - change args[] and return VO_FALSE
> - set vo->* to what we can, and actually do the operation (resize) and
>   return TRUE

In any case, the mga_vid kernel driver seems like it's broken and
can't handle changing source size. This is not a hardware limitation,
but a stupid api design vektor and I encountered the other day while
he was adding mga_vid support to tvtime...

At some point, we really need to work out a *good* architecture for
all the *_vid drivers to be in kernelspace, with access to dma, irq,
etc. through the drm (if available)...

Rich