[MPlayer-G2-dev] libvo2 documentation and pre22 iz out

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed May 14 16:39:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > huh.
> > i've expected that they are constant since the config() call, but the code
> > doesn't expect it, so it should work.
> > actually the buffers are read/write only between frame_start/frame_done,
> > so otherwise the pointers aren't used. it's better to set them NULL at
> > config and frame_done, for easier bug hunting :)
> >
> > maybe it requires changes in vf_vo2's get_image(), as the stride is
> required
> > for DR1 decisions, and afair it's done before frame_start.
> >

> Hm will stride change in directfb? According to msdn for directx only
> the memory pointers will become invalid when the buffer gets unlocked.
> The stuff described above works at least for me. Only if scale gets
> autoinseted
> things go mad (calling frame_done twice, one time with buffer == 0x0 and
> accessing
> planes[1] for RGB etc.).
> I guess those are known issues.
yes as i told you on irc, filter autoinsertion is broken now, since vf_vd.c
(i have to port some code from vd.c to vf_vd.c, and implement vf->priv
setting at every place where filter insertion/removal happens)

> Another question is about VOCTRL_RESIZE_DEST and VOCTRL_RESIZE_SRC.
> What should I do, If I can't handle it, for example if my driver requires
> some minimum stretch factor.
> Do you have a solution for this? If not, would it be possible to set vo->x
> ,y w and h to valid ones and return VO_FALSE?

hmm
don't touch vo->values, but if you cannot accept the values given, change
the args (it's an int[]) and return VO_FALSE.

> Other limitations would be that card can only size down to a fixed height or
> some alignment
> restriction etc.

resize_dest is to handle window resizing/movement events.
resize_src is to handle special effects like panscan or zooming.

in both cases it's acceptable if you cannot exactly set the given params,
but something else (close values).
i just don't knowwhich is better:
- change args[] and return VO_FALSE
- set vo->* to what we can, and actually do the operation (resize) and
  return TRUE

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team