[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: G2 CLI/GUI and config API again - a little request.

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Tue May 13 14:11:52 CEST 2003

    Hi, Arpi!

Sometime (on Tuesday, May 13 at 11:29) I've received something...

>i'm thinking about several things, i'll collect and write down it here at
>afternoon, after work.

There are mine goals to design UI/parser API:
1) Application (and UI) can depend on core API but any of core libs can
    never have any dependencies on UI (so UI/parser API must be modules
    and UI/parser independent).
2) UI/parser API must support many contexts with many streams.
3) Each context/stream may have own config tree (but config tree may be
    shared between many contexts or inherited).
4) UI/parser API must support many UI/parser instances.
5) UI/parser API has to be as simple as possible (at most 2-3 structures
    and 3-5 functions).
6) Common options tree must contain full information for creating menu
    (in Gui) or help (in commandline parser).

All these goals are reachable together and even by the different ways. :)
I just wait yours (and other's, of course, but it seems we need this the
most) goals to discuss and decide which way we will go.

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.