[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: G2 CLI/GUI

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Mon May 12 23:57:48 CEST 2003

    Hi, D Richard Felker III!

    In addition to said by me in previous letter:

>    I didn't say if we have do that scan by loading these plugins. There
>is other way - to create /usr[/local]/lib/mplayer/{ctl,vo,vf} subdirs and
>put plugins of each type there. Plugins names will be name.so - it may be
>enough but version and validity check (and getting all plugin info) will
>be on loading on demand only. Is it ok?

    Note that also we cannot get any description and help for loadable
plugin until we open the file. BTW, opening of one dinamic file may take
not so much time. I think mozilla/gimp/etc. just do so much work on the
opening so it's sloooooow. When we about to get only info from it, it may
be a much faster. Anyway, we could make a difference - we can create
another pl_get_infos() call to scan info from loadable plugins. (it may
be need for gui but don't need for commandline interface so we can do it
only on demand, isn't it?)

    Andriy.