[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: G2 CLI/GUI

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Mon May 12 23:25:12 CEST 2003

    Hi, D Richard Felker III!

Sometime (on Tuesday, May 13 at  0:02) I've received something...

>> >no
>> >but i'm against load-all-modules-at-startup concept

>>     I'm also! :)  But may be anyway we have to scan all available modules
>> at startup (don't load but check) - I don't think if check only by file
>> name is enough.

>Not acceptable. This sort of bloated slow startup nonsense is what I
>expect from stuff like mozilla and gimp, not mplayer!

    I didn't say if we have do that scan by loading these plugins. There
is other way - to create /usr[/local]/lib/mplayer/{ctl,vo,vf} subdirs and
put plugins of each type there. Plugins names will be name.so - it may be
enough but version and validity check (and getting all plugin info) will
be on loading on demand only. Is it ok?

    Andriy.