[MPlayer-G2-dev] gui - skin engine

Zoltan Ponekker pontscho at kac.poliod.hu
Thu Jun 26 10:16:00 CEST 2003

Hali

> > Just checked the skin cvs of gmplayer, and there are a lot of nice skins.
> agree ;)

:)

> > It makes me wonder if we will support g1 skins in g2, or the g2 gui will
> > have a new skin format?
>
> I think it would be better to extend the existing one, if there are things
> to extend
> at all. Another skin format will only bring incompatiblity, without having
> real advantages.

I want to made the skin loader to compatible with the old versions.

> > If we keep g1 format (maybe extend) then there should be a common,
> > multiplatform skin loader/renderer library. If it's well written, then
> > it's split to platform-independent and dependent parts.
> > Ie there could be skin renderer/interface modules for Xlib, gtk, qt, win32
> > etc. Afaik Faust already proted teh g1 skin loader to win32, dunno how
> much
> > it differs from the linux code.
> >

> My skinloader is currently only one file and not all info is loaded (fonts
> etc.).
> The main difference is that the G1 skinloader stores the images in png
> format, while I am
> converting them to desktop pixelformat to speedup rendering later.

Convert in the loading ? It is on ma todo list.

> I also do not load already existing images twice.
> Attached is the header for reference. Maybe you can find some usefull design
> ideas there.

Yes, it's nice !

> What are your ideas for the next layer? Make it already platform dependant
> or implement
> some window manager like abstraction layer? If we design it well even gui
> rendering

Yes.

> inside the video window (think of fbdev and vesa) should be no big deal.

Hm. vesa + X ?

I'm started to rewrite the loader, someone interested ?

Pontscho / fresh!mindworkz
---
MPlayer Core Team - www.MPlayerHQ.hu

Ps: sorry for my bad english :)