[MPlayer-G2-dev] reducing/simplifying codebase

Joseph Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Sun Jul 20 18:52:35 CEST 2003

> Hi,
>
> Imho we should consider removing of some included libraries from g2:
>
> - libmpdvdkit - it doesnt differ from libdvdcss/libdvdread nowdays
>   (originally it was created to include several patches and bugfixes
>   not present in official libdvdcss/libdvdread)

I agree with all, except libmpdvdkit.  Please correct me if I'm wrong,
I've lost internet access at home and can't do a quick grep through the
source to verify this...

Does mplayer support external libdvdcss?  IIRC, it supports "libcss" which
doesn't seem to be compatible with latest libdvdcss.  Drop mpdvdkit from
G2, just don't forget that the libcss support from G1 is not right.

--Joey