[MPlayer-G2-dev] reducing/simplifying codebase

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Jul 20 18:21:02 CEST 2003

Hi,

Imho we should consider removing of some included libraries from g2:

- libmpdvdkit - it doesnt differ from libdvdcss/libdvdread nowdays
  (originally it was created to include several patches and bugfixes
  not present in official libdvdcss/libdvdread)
- libmpeg2 - it's quite broken, at least it cannot handle seeking at all
  and is already patched to hell to work at all work mplayer...

Also when we port things from g1, we should consider

- dropping .raw font support, imho freetype alone is enough.
- libdha / vidix shouldnt be included, but support the vidix.sf.net release
  instead
- dropping xvid_vbr.c/divx4_vbr.c, last evrsins of divx5/xvid/lavc have its
  own 2pass API functions, no need for external control

anything left out?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu