[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: VP layer progress [update!]

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Dec 23 16:54:14 CET 2003

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 01:35:12PM +0200, Andriy N. Gritsenko wrote:
>     Hi, D Richard Felker III!
>
> Sometime (on Tuesday, December 23 at 12:09) I've received something...
> >I've made a lot more progress on the vp layer. There are still some
> >key things left to be done, but I'm posting my TODO list here and
> >reminding you of the source-browse url:
>
> >    http://brightrain.aerifal.cx/~dalias/vp-in-progress/
>
> >If anyone has objections to it (even silly stuff like bad names for
> >the functions or struct members) please post and we can discuss.
>
>     Are you sure vp_node_t must have vp_link_t** pointers? As I may see
> some filter may want it as NULL-terminated list, some as counted list
> (but there is no counter in the structure so filter will have it in
> vp_priv_s), some may want to sort list in own order so have some own
> structure for that. So I think you have to remove these xin and xout
> pointers from vp_node_t structure since it may be just a waste. If any
> filter may have more than one input or output link then that filter may
> always have these pointers in vp_priv_s structure. :)

Impossible. If the pointers are hidden, vp_pull_frame can't walk the
chain! Originally when I was planning for recursive calling, I
intended to do something like this, but now I think there has to be
some unified structure or else the vp layer and the program that set
up the pipeline can lose track of what's in it!

Rich